Monday, June 11, 2012

Crack!

Training for IM CDA has been going well. Finished the last day of my build, with no cooperation from Mother Nature I might add.

Last night I took my bike outside to give it a good cleaning. Lo and behold, what do I see, but a nice crack on the leading edge of the seat tube staring back at me.



Not awesome at all. So I contacted Jim and Cyclemetrix (awesome guy, by the way) and I have a nice appointment with him today to bring the bike out, check it out, and see what we can do. He's going to contact the US distributor about getting a frame sent up here ASAP. But in the meantime, the old Specialized will be built back up with some extra shifters and deraillers I had laying around. Got to fill the gap until we figure out what is going to happen with getting a new frame.

Last year, 2 weeks before IM CDA, I dropped my Garmin and shattered the face. Since I bought it at REI (which I will do every time now because of this) they replaced the watch no questions asked. This year, it's a cracked frame. Give me a cracked watch any day over a cracked frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment