Monday, February 13, 2012

Leadman 250



Last week I signed up for the Leadman 250 triathlon to be held on September 22, 2012, in Bend, OR.  It's a 5k swim, 223k bike, and 22k run.  By way of comparison an Ironman is a 3.86k swim, 180.2k bike, and a 42.195k run.  Should be a fun way to ring in my 38th birthday.  It's also about 3 months after Ironman Coeur d'Alene which should give me enough time to recover and get back into training.

Why did I sign up? I wanted to enter a late season Ironman but forgot about the time difference when I went to sign up for IM Arizona. IM Lousiville is too close to Coeur d'Alene (June 24). Leadman seemed to be a perfect way to keep in shape later in the year and allow me to recover.  Also should be a great way to ring in my 38th birthday later that month (assuming I survive).  

No comments:

Post a Comment